verticle line


How can I help NO STV inform British Columbians before the May 12, 2009 referendum vote on STV?

  • Request a NO STV speaker for a public event in your community. Send us an email by clicking here.

  • Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.

  • Call in to a radio talk show to express your concerns about STV.

  • Tell your friends, neighbours and co-workers about STV; refer them to this website for information.

  • Make a much-appreciated financial contribution to No BC-STV Campaign Society.

    The Society is not a charity and no tax deductible receipts can be issued. But you will have our thanks!

    Donated funds will be used to cover expenses not included in the public funding.

    The referendum regulation provides restrictions and says:

      "(6) A member of the opponent group or the proponent group must not use public money except to do one or more of the following:
         (a) to produce or sponsor and make available to the public, in any manner but without charge to the public,
            (i) information or advertising by means of print or electronic media of any kind, or
            (ii) materials that include printed information or advertising,
    but not to incur a capital expense;
         (b) to hold or sponsor an event that any member of the public may attend without charge, but not to incur a capital expense;
         (c) to fund or recover administrative expenses incurred in relation to an activity referred to in paragraph (a) or (b)."

    Please send your cheque or money order (Sorry, we cannot accept credit card donations at this time) to:

    No BC-STV Campaign Society
    c/o Suite 207 - 1600 West Sixth Ave.
    Vancouver, BC V6J 1R3





About Us | Mail Us
© 2009 No BC-STV Campaign Society.